Friday, May 11, 2007

Books, books, how we love them--Flatley sisters that is. Here are my true book-loves: The Lieutenants Woman, A Stone for Danny Fisher, If Beal Street Could Talk and The Heart is a Lonely Hunter. Note: these are all fiction. More recently and for a long time, I have been drawn to non-fiction and poetry but now and then a book, fiction, has been read.

The non-fiction genre would include: Ain't I a Woman by Maya Angelou, Sailing Alone Around the Room by Billy Collins (I have an autographed copy), The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran, The Last Gift of Time by Carolyn G. Heilbrun and Gift From the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh.

I don't read just to read except for magazines and The New York Times newspaper (delivered to me each Sunday). I have noticed my eyes become tired when reading--coming on sooner than before--so I choose my readings carefully.
Poet

2 comments:

Enjah said...

thank you, Poet!!! I have not read some of those books and I am starving for a good one.

botz said...

hey poet, would you describe some of these books? what is a "the last gift of time" about? and "sailing alone around the room", "gift from the sea"?